It’s a Miracle: Coty unveils Philosophy full-light protection range

Coty has launched what it claims to be the first full-light daily protection range, Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker.

The line was created following a scientific paper published by Coty on the dangers of infra-red and the need for adequate daily protection, said to be the first paper about those issues.

The Ultimate Miracle Worker collection targets UVA, UVB, infra-red and visible light and claims to provide the skin with greater protection against the damage caused by free radicals.

A subject for Philosophy: the new Ultimate Miracle Worker collection includes an eye cream and a night treatment According to a study conducted by Coty International R&D Centre, results showed that UVA and UVB rays account for only 7% of the light spectrum while the remaining 93% is made up of infra-red and visible light. It is these rays, said Coty, that can trigger skin tissue damage which can lead to premature skin ageing.

Philosophy Head of Scientific Communication Muriel Pujos said: “80% of the signs of ageing can be attributed to the environment, particularly the sun. The sun’s spectrum is a continuum of UV rays, visible light and infra-red rays and our exclusive technology is the ideal way to protect against this light spectrum.”

Philosophy’s new Ultimate Miracle Worker Night is designed to reduce signs of ageing while you sleep. Before the first use, consumers should mix a packet of ‘fresh’ individual pearls of concentrated serum into the the nourishing cream.

It’s a miracle: the new generation of photo-protection will be on-counter in Asia from AprilThe formulation contains a patented bi-retinoid and active plant cells which are said to work together to rebuild natural collagen, boost cell regeneration and encourage the production of elastin. To make the most of the skin’s night time repair cycle, the night cream contains double the dose of active plant cells found in the daytime version.

According to Philosophy, results can be seen within three days of use. The brand claims that 100% of women tested reported an improvement in the texture and firmness of their skin and after 8 weeks’ use, 91% of women tested saw an improvement in the appearance of their skin.

Ultimate Miracle Worker Daytime comes in two formulations: a cream which gives a more nourishing texture and a lightweight emulsion suited to humid climates.

Ultimate Miracle Worker Eye works to target dark circles and puffiness and offers broad spectrum protection, said the brand.

The Ultimate Miracle Worker collection will be launching in Asia Pacific travel retail markets in April.

Food & Beverage The Magazine eZine